We currently have the following position(s) available:
Canoe Rental Assistant
We are looking for a fun and energetic person to join our team!
Pub and Paddle is a canoe rental business in Norwich city centre. We are a small team and are looking for a hands-on person with excellent customer service skills to join us.
You will work Saturday and Sunday plus the option for additional days during the week. The position can start immediately and will run until roughly the end of October (weather dependent).
You must be able to lift canoes and take them out of the water – they weigh roughly 25kg and you must be able to do this on your own.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Handling canoes – taking them out of the water, unloading them from the trailer, cleaning and minor maintenance if needed
- Greeting customers and taking payments
- Giving safety briefings and canoeing instructions to customers
- Aiding customers in and out of canoes
- Setting up and putting everything away at the beginning & end of the day
- Ensuring high levels of customer service and satisfaction are maintained
Essential skills and qualities:
- You must be physically fit and able to lift and carry our canoes
- A polite and friendly approach to dealing with customers
- Must be confident, responsible and able to use your own initiative
- You must be available to work Saturday and Sunday until the end of October
- Must be happy to work outdoors in all weather conditions (we are an outdoor-only business and do not have inside facilities)
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of local waterways
- Canoeing experience
- Previous experience in similar role
- Willing to work extra shifts if required
Full training will be given. Working hours vary slightly per day but you will generally start around 9.30-10.30am and finish between 5-6pm on weekends/most weekdays. Should you work on Tuesdays and Thursdays you may finish at 8.30/9pm as we stay open late on these days until the end of August.
To apply for this position please email a cover letter (plus optional CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available to start immediately. Applications close as soon as we have found the right person.
If you have any questions about this job vacancy please feel free to get in touch!
No agencies please.